Outdoor enthusiasts now have access to the latest in cutting edge Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) technology with the new 406 MHz Safety Alert PLB from KTI
Setting an unprecedented world standard in PLB design and performance, the new KTI Safety-Alert is compact, fast and reliable. Ideal for bushwalkers, four wheel drivers, cross country skiers and small aircraft pilots, the KTI Safety-Alert PLB is the ultimate global rescue link for people who want peace of mind in the outdoors.
Built to replace the popular KTI RB3 beacon, the new 406 MHz Safety-Alert harnesses the more accurate 406MHz COSPAS-SARSAT satellite frequency to deliver pinpoint detection accuracy and faster rescue response times.
The KTI Safety-Alert leads the world not only in design and technology, but breaks new ground in efficiency with a class leading 10 year battery life. Ultra-low current circuitry and low-loss antenna system delivers performance that exceeds the COSPAS-SARSAT requirements of 24 hours continuous transmission at -20°C.
For premium performance the KTI Safety-Alert PLB is GPS equipped with a location accuracy of down to 3.0 metres. The GPS receiver is coupled to a chip style antenna which provides high sensitivity together with superior resistance against detuning by nearby objects.
- Size: Compact, lightweight design
- Antenna: Marine grade stainless steel, flexible, multi-position
- Buoyancy: Self buoyant – no need for external flotation aids
- Strobe: High intensity photo-flash LED
- Activation: Simple one-hand activation
- Carry Pouch: Camera style carry pouch with belt loop
- Lanyard: Detachable with pictorial instructions and whistle
- Mirror: Supplied with high reflectivity mirror
- Warranty: 10 year parts and labour
- Frequencies: 406.040MHz and 121.500MHz (homing signal)
- Battery: Non hazmat LiFe02, 20 year shelf life, 10 year replacement
- Weight: 140g
- Size: 88mm x 64mm x 31mm
- Accuracy: Limited only by COSPAS-SARSAT system
- Approvals: COSPAS-SARSAT T.001 class II TAC 255, AS/NZS 4280.2
- Protocol: Programmable to all applicable COSPAS-SARSAT message formats
- Strobe: Greater than 1cd, 20 flashes per minute
- 66 channel receiver
- 5 minute position updates
- accurate to 3.0m (CEP50)
- Cold start acquisition time < 35 seconds typical
- Chip style antenna design, highly resistant to detuning by nearby objects